I've spent many years within Information Technology (IT) as a computer technician and tech professional. With proven capabilities in system building, installation, networking and end user support for hardware and software platforms. As a self-taught individual I have learned many skilled and knowledgable aspects of computers & technology which can be confirmed by other individuals within our industry. Areas of expertise include:
- Computer Servicing & Repair
- Windows Reinstallation
- System Building & Stress Testing
- Testing & Troubleshooting
- Data Backup & Recovery
- Linux Server Administration
- Network Administration
- Network Storage Solutions
- Graphic Design
- Logo Design & Branding
- Business Card Design
- Operating Systems Windows, Linux (Debian), macOS.
- Software Affinity Designer, .
- Languages HTML5 & CSS3. Basic PHP knowledge.
Affinity Designer, Publisher & Photo - Statamic CMS, YAML, Advanced macOS. Video Editing
Staff & IT Administrator Aug 2007 – May 2009
iTaupo (NZ) Ltd. – LogOn Internet Espresso Cafe, Taupo.
I was employed at this Internet Cafe, which was in a very run down state. None of the systems had been upgraded since the business had started to operate, many years before. Closed due to the world-wide recession, the internet cafe was fully upgraded with newer systems, completely rebuilt network and wireless internet access established.
- Customer Service (Cash register, EFTPOS, opening & closing the store.)
- Removed, dismantled obsolete hardware for recycling & disposal.
- Deployed new hardware and operating systems across 10 systems.
- Installed & maintained end-user security software.
- Knolwedgable in establishing a functional internet/cyber cafe with management software.
- Skilled in performing computer optimizations and virus decontaminations
Computer Technician (Freelance)
As a skilled computer technician, I have been fixing and servicing computer systems dating back to when I was teenager, servicing systems ranging Windows 95/98SE to the latest modern Windows 10 from home users to small/home business owners.
Within Taupo, I've establised a very good reputation and name for myself.
- Skilled in providing on-site/remote technical support to end-users & clients.
- Implemented networking components, cabling, and configurations using consumer and enterprise-grade equipment.
- Skilled in Windows installation methods, techniques & providing general support.
- Experienced in Home/SMB Network Attached Storage (NAS) installation & management.
- Proven history of providing quality end-user suppport for both hardware & software.
- Skilled in ADSL2+ & UFB network support.
- Experienced in Wireless Network installation.
- Excellent document and repair system maintained for problems, and remedial actions.
- Successfully diagnosis, troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software and business systems.
- Successfully configured VPN (PTPP, L2TP/IPSec) using a Synology NAS, as a Work/Personal VPN.
Web Designer (Freelance)
As an avid web designer, I've spent many years learning website design and as many aspects of it as I can get into. I run my own Linux "dev server", set up as a LAMP server, it allows me to easily build and construct sites locally without having to upload sites under development to production web servers.
Historically I've worked within phpBB Template groups,
- myhomepage.nz - this kind of site has seen many iterations, started as a project to learn web design and coding, it ended up being a sperate site of own, useful and accesed by thousands of users a day. As a "link gateway", I've populated it with general usage links, two sides one being NZ and the other side being International orientated. Site loads quick and doesn't cost much to maintain - with no advertising to cover costs.
- Paeroa CSS is a personal project, a personal culmination of my web design knowledge mixed with my understanding of typography. It's a clean, simple but yet effective design, allowing for highly typographical designs such as content orientated blogs and/or CMS software.